JIGS for Knives
NOW Available !
The Jende Industries Guided Sharpener - JIGS for short
- is our answer to your sharpening needs in the commercial kitchen, home, workshop, garage, or mancave.
At Jende Industries, sharpening is our passion. It's the true core of our business, and we bring that passion to our JIGS system for you. We want you to experience the thrill of the first successful knife sharpening when you finally decimate that rogue tomato that's always taunted you, cut through the steak with your pinky up, effortlessly field dress a deer for the first time, slice clean through that fish when filleting it, or accidentally cut through the time-space continuum (Note: "The Works" level kit is recommended for any nuclear or quantum level sharpness). Once you've used a knife that you sharpened yourself, there is no going back.
So you say you don't have the sharpening bug but still need a sharp knife? That's OK. Using the JIGS is quick and simple: clamp, set your angle, and go. The movable clamps adjust quickly to fit any length of blade, and the Exacudrive micro adjust system guarantees fast, perfect, and repeatable angles every time. It's that easy.
Who is the JIGS System for?
- Chefs - Every chef knows a sharp knife is much safer and more productive than a dull one. Maintaining your own knives is a must as a chef, and the JIGS System will get your knives sharp quickly, make easy touch ups during your shift, and the edges will last longer and cut better. The JIGS can easily handle your 2.5" paring knife, your 12" chef knife , your Chinese cleaver, and your 14" cake knife like a champ. The 1x6 stones used with the JIGS can conveniently be stored in knife rolls for easy transport and use when needed.
- Commercial Kitchens - The JIGS System is made from stainless steel, is dishwasher safe, and can be bolted to a fixed sharpening station. Dishwasher safe means the JIGS can be sanitized, therefore reducing the kitchen's liability associated with contamination and foodborne illness. Its ability to be secured to a table or fixed station means the system won't walk away or be misplaced. Employees can purchase their own sharpening gear to sharpen to their own specs, or use a house set of stones.
- Outdoorsmen, Hunters, and Fishermen - Fixed blades and folders for hunting, camping, and fishing should be sharp before you leave the house. Being able to set up camp, do bushcraft, field dress, or fillet a fish should be easy tasks with a sharp knife. The 1x4 or 1x6 stones used with the system make excellent field stones for touching up.
- Sharpeners of all levels - Whether you are coveting a collection of shelf queens, sharpening your EDC, maintaining your kitchen knives, trailblazing with your machete, or sharpening for fun or a business, if you've got the desire or need to sharpen, the JIGS System is the final word in flexibility and precision.
Finer Features of the JIGS System:
- Stainless Steel Construction - solid and sturdy in any weather or usage environment, and will hold up against more gorilla-handed types.
- Dishwasher Safe - especially in commercial kitchens, the JIGS can withstand the cleaning and sanitising agents as well as high temperatures.
- Mountable base - The JIGS system can stand alone or be bolted or mounted to a table or base for greater balance, control and security.
- Macro Angle Adjust - gets you in the ballpark quickly.
- Exacudrive Micro Adjust - dials your angle in with ease and the greatest accuracy on the market. The Exacudrive gear is adjustable to within 0.025 degrees.
- Movable Clamps - allow you to custom place the clamps to hold any knife.
- 1 Tool Clamping Operation - There's only 1 tool needed to operate the clamps.
- Spring Action Stone Changes - makes stone changes fast and easy.
- Magnetic Stone Holder - securely holds the angle cube for hands-free accurate and consistent measurements.
- 26" (65cm) Sharpening Capability - pocket knives, chef knives, watermelon knives, cake knives, and machetes are no match for the reach of the JIGS.
- 12-26 Degree Angle Range - Actually, a little more in both directions.
- Starter Stones x 3 #220 Naniwa, #600 Chosera, #1000 Chocolate bar
- Angle Cube
- Stone Set x 5 #220 Naniwa, #600 Chosera, #1000 Chocolate Bar #1000 Chosera, #2000 Chosera, #3000 Chosera
- Nano Cloth Strop x 1
- Emulsion x 1 25ml Bottle
- Angle Cube
- Stone set x 7 #220 Naniwa, #600 Chosera, #1000 Chocolate Bar, #1000 Chosera, #2000 Chosera, #3000 Chosera, #5000 Chosera, #10,000 Chosera
- Nano Cloth Strops x 2
- Emulsions x 2 25ml Bottles